10 Things to Know for Thursday
1. MANDELA HOSPITALIZED WITH LUNG INFECTION
The anti-apartheid leader who became South Africa's first black president has had a recurrence of a lung infection.
2. HOW CYPRIOTS WILL BE KEPT IN CHECK
When the nation's banks reopen at 6 a.m., account holders will be allowed to withdraw only about $380 each day.
3. THIS POPE IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS
Francis' belief that a pontiff's job is to serve the lowliest will be demonstrated on Holy Thursday when he washes the feet of young inmates.
4. WHY GUN CONTROL IS NO EASY FIX
Gun control supporters are struggling to win over moderate Democrats in their drive to push expanded background checks for firearms purchasers through the Senate next month.
5. GAY MARRIAGE REMAINS A POLARIZING ISSUE
AP's David Crary says that however the Supreme Court rules on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide states and people for years to come.
6. A CAUTIONARY TALE FOR THE U.S.
Germany's experience with "guest workers," namely 3 million immigrants from Turkey, offers lessons for America as it debates immigration reform.
7. GOP AIMS TO GET MORE TECH SAVY
Republicans are moving aggressively to repair their technological shortcomings from the 2012 election, opening a new tech race to counter a glaring weakness against Obama.
8. WHY YOUR INTERNET MAY SEEM SLUGGISH
A massive cyberattack targeting an anti-spam group is rippling across the Web.