Report: Faulty furnace blamed for CO leak in Fall River

Fire officials say five children and an adult were taken from a Fall River home to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A faulty furnace in the basement of a multifamily home in Fall River is to blame for a carbon monoxide leak that sent six people to the hospital, WHDH-TV reported.

Police told NBC 10 that someone called 911 after a carbon monoxide detector went off in the house on 205 Ridge St. at about 10:20 a.m.

Firefighters, police and rescue crews arrived at the address to find six people conscious and standing on the front porch. Five children and one adult entered rescue vehicles were taken to St. Anne's Hospital.

Their conditions were not immediately known.