Yield: 36 Biscotti
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 tablespoons mild molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl.
2. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Add molasses; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour and baking powder; beat at low speed until well mixed.
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 12-inch log on lightly floured surface. Place logs 3 inches apart onto lightly greased large cookie sheet. Flatten logs slightly.
4. Bake 22-25 minutes or until tops are cracked and logs are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes on cookie sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
5. Carefully place logs onto cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices with serrated knife. Place, cut-side down, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Return to oven. Bake 9 minutes; turn slices. Continue baking 5-7 minutes or until cookies are dry and crisp. Cool completely.