68
      Thursday
      83 / 58
      Friday
      79 / 53
      Saturday
      86 / 57

      Haz-mat team responds to ammonia smell in Central Falls

      Firefighters from Central Falls responded to a Dexter Street triple-decker at noon Thursday for a report of an ammonia smell.

      They called in hazardous-materials teams from North Providence and Woonsocket to enter a third-floor apartment. The source of the odor wasn't immediately known.

      The building has a travel agency and an insurance company on the ground floor. Nearby buildings were evacuated as a precaution.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER