Lemon Blueberry Almond Biscotti
Yield: 25 Biscotti
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 cup dried blueberries
3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir until well blended. (The dough will be dry and crumbly.)
2. Stir in almonds and blueberries. Knead dough in bowl (It will become sticky.)
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a log.
4. Place rolls on a greased baking sheet. Flatten each roll to 1 in thickness using your palm.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove rolls from pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 1/2 in slices using a serrated knife.
6. Lower oven temperature to 250 F. Arrange biscotti, cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake the other side for an additional 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.