Media follow Hernandez's every move

Odin Lloyd

Reporters on Thursday followed every move of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who police have questioned about the killing of a man whose body was found about a mile from Hernandez's North Attleborough home.

Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, was found dead Monday night in an industrial park. He was a semi-professional football player with the Boston Bandits. The state medical examiner ruled Lloyd's death a homicide, but did not say how he was killed.

Hernandez left his home Thursday morning in a white SUV. News helicopters followed as he drove to Gillette Stadium, about 15 minutes away.{}

The football player was later surrounded by reporters at a service station where he stopped to get gas.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team had no comment on why Hernandez was at the stadium. He said earlier that the team did not anticipate commenting publicly during the police investigation.

A Massachusetts State Police emergency response team on Thursday was searching the brush with metal detectors and poles on a road leading to the entrance to Hernandez's subdivision.

Hernandez attorney Michael Fee acknowledged media reports about the state police search of Hernandez's home as part of an investigation but said he and the player wouldn't have any comment on it.

Lloyd's mother, Ursula Ward, would not say how Lloyd knew Hernandez and did not say whether police told her how her son died. An uncle said Lloyd had a connection to Hernandez but wouldn't elaborate.

Bristol District Attorney Samuel Sutter's office said investigators were asking for the public's help to find a silver mirror cover believed to have broken off a car between Boston and North Attleborough. The district attorney said tips could be reported to North Attleborough police at 508-695-1212.

Police said Hernandez is connected to the case because two cars rented in his name are evidence in the case.

ABC News reported that Hernandez may have destroyed surveillance video at his house and that his cell phone was handed over to police in pieces.

State police said it also could be the case of a drug deal gone wrong.

With the intense media presence in North Attleborough, neighbors just want the case solved quickly so their lives can go back to normal.