Parents accuse woman of giving alcohol to girls

Christina White tells NBC 10 she didn't give alcohol to her 10-year-old daughter and two of her friends.

A Burrillville woman told NBC 10 she was upset after finding out her 11-year-old daughter and her two friends were taken to the hospital Monday night after they drank alcohol with an adult woman present.

"I received a phone call at approximately 11:30 p.m., and they had been drinking and they were being taken to the hospital because they were intoxicated," said Kristy Rogall. "I was scared, mad, outraged that an adult would provide alcohol to two 10-year-olds and an 11-year-old."

Rogall said she received a call from Crystal Chamberlain's 17-year-old daughter who went to the house on Sayles Avenue to pick up the girls and take them home.

"They were supposed to be home at 9:30 p.m. They weren't home so I sent my 17-year-old to go get them. When she got there, they were physically intoxicated, stumbling. Speech was slurred," said Chamberlain, the mother of one of the 10-year-old girls.

The 17-year-old said Paul White, the adult in charge, was drunk when she arrived.

"Well, I was having a few drinks last night, and I think the girls got into it. I ended up finding a bottle out here in a back pack," White said.

White goes by the name Christina and identifies as female. Her 10-year-old daughter was also taken to the hospital.

She admitted to NBC 10 to having a drinking problem.

"I was quite drunk," White said.

But she didn't admit to giving the girls booze.

"I would never give 10-year-olds alcohol myself," White said.

However, the girls told a different story. They said they gave White money and the money was used to buy alcohol.

One of White's relatives told NBC 10 she was too drunk to remember what happened and that her own daughter gave the same story as the other girls.

"These girls are not capable of making any types of decisions let alone ones involving alcohol. I think (White) deserves to be in jail," Rogall said.

White told NBC 10 that the Department of Children, Youth and Families is involved and she can't have any contact with her daughter for at least three days.

Burrillville police told NBC 10 they are still investigating.