Brunch: Pecan Cinnamon Spirals
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry thawed
3 tbsp butter melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup toasted pecans chopped
1 tbsp grated orange zest. (One orange will do)
Method of preparation:
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
2. Unfold the pastry and combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Brush the pastry with the butter and sprinkle the sugar on, flip over the pastry and do the same. This is best done when the pastry is cold and it can be picked up easily.
4. Next mix in the nuts and orange zest and mix well.
5. Sprinkle this over the whole 2 sheets then roll up like a jelly roll pressing tightly so the roll holds its shape.
6. Place this in the freezer for about 15-20 min to firm.
7. Slice into 2 inch pieces, place on a lightly oil sprayed cookie sheet and place about 2" apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 min or until well browned. Let cool before serving