Police: Tiverton teen charged after admitting to writing bomb threat
TIVERTON, R.I. —
Police have charged an 18-year-old man with threatening to put a bomb in a public place, a day after he notified school officials he found a written bomb threat in a boy's bathroom.
Alexander Wahl, 18, of Tiverton, was released on bail following his arraignment in District Court.
Police said they received a call from Tiverton High School officials on March 17 that a student said he found a threat printed on toilet paper. According to police, the threat said a bomb would go off on March 19.
Police say Wahl delivered the threat to school officials after students had been dismissed.
Police ordered the school evacuated, and then the building was search by the bomb squad. Nothing was found.
Later, detectives interviewed Wahl who admitted to them he made the threat. He told police he made the threat for no particular reason.