2 15-oz. containers whole-milk ricotta
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp. plus 1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
Method of Preparation:
1. Put ricotta in a large fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
2. Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350. Grease an 8" spring form pan with 2 1/2"-high sides with butter. Mix 1 Tbsp. sugar and breadcrumbs in a small bowl; sprinkle over buttered pan to coat. Tap out excess crumbs.
3. Transfer ricotta to a processor. Pure for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor; pure until smooth. Add cream cheese; pure until smooth. Add the remaining sugar and all other ingredients; pure, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake cheesecake until golden brown and just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan (cake will fall slightly). Refrigerate uncovered until cool, about 3 hours. Then cover and chill overnight.
5. To serve, wrap a warm towel around pan to release cake. Remove pan sides. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.