Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Kale
3 Tbsp. olive oil
One 3-pound spaghetti squash
1 Pound Linguia
1/2 cup minced red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 cups thinly sliced kale
1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a sheet pan with one tablespoon of the oil, or line the sheet pan with Silpat.
2. With a sharp chef's knife, slice off 1/2-inch from the ends of the spaghetti squash. Then stand the squash up on one of the ends to stabilize it, and cut the squash in half, top to bottom. Scoop out any seeds and stringy bits inside, and place the squash halves cut-side down on the oiled or lined sheet pan. Poke the tops of the halves with the tip of a sharp knife.
3. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until you can easily poke the sides of the squash with a fork. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Then using the tines of a fork, scrape out the "spaghetti"-like strands of the squash to a bowl.
4. Pinch and remove small chunks of sausage from the sausage casings to a plate.
5. In a large saut pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for a minute more. Add the sliced kale and cook for a minute or two. Add the sausage, and cook without stirring, until the sausage starts to brown, then stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage bits are cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the spaghetti squash strands to the sausage mixture and stir to combine, cook until the squash is heated through, about a minute.
7. Remove from heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.