Sunday Brunch: Creme Brulee French Toast
1 stick of butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp white corn syrup
1 loaf of Challah or Broche bread cut into 1" pieces
2 cups light cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange liquor
Zest of one orange grated
Method of preparation:
- Melt the butter with the brown sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan stirring until it simmers.
- Pour this into a 13x9: casserole dish and sprinkle the orange zest next.
- Place the bread on the bottom in a single layer, cutting to fit and fill in all spaces.
- Mix the eggs, cream, vanilla and orange extract in a bowl and whip until smooth.
- Pour this over the bread and cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning place the casserole in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 35 min.
Carefully using a spatula flip over the toast on to a plate and serve at once