Sunday Brunch: Baked Garden Omelet
1 large baking potato skin on and boiled and cooled
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. Chopped fresh basil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small red pepper chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped ham
3/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Method of preparation:
- Remove the skin from the cooked potato, slice into 1/4" slices.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well; add the salt, pepper and basil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet well, add the olive oil and when hot, saut the onion,pepper,and mushrooms for 2-3 min.
- Sprinkle on the ham, tomatoes then top with the sliced potatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the whole mixture, sprinkle with the cheese and place in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 min or until the egg is slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-6 min, gently using a rubber spatula free the omelet and slide on a serving platter and serve at once.