Sunday Brunch: Banana Muffin Pancakes
1 cup cake flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup butter milk
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 ripe banana mashed
Additional maple syrup
Method of preparation:
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, maple syrup and melted butter and whip well.
- Mix in the bananas well and lightly spray muffin cups with vegetable spray.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full, Mini muffin cups work well. And place in the oven for 12-14 min depending on the size. If using mini muffins then 10-12 min works best.
- Remove from the oven and remove the paper and make a slit in the top and add a piece of butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
Make extra's and totally let cool, wrap well in plastic wrap and freeze. Remove to the counter and let thaw in the plastic wrap then unwrap and microwave for a few seconds for a quick on the run breakfast.