Sunday Brunch: Chocolate Panini
1 loaf of Focaccia or Ciabatta Bread
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1 cup Nutella or Chocolate Peanut Butter
2/3 cup chocolate bits
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. sea salt
Method of preparation:
- Cut the bread into 5x5" rectangles and split horizontally.
- In a bowl, stir in the honey, the pinch off salt, the clove and Nutella and stir well.
- Spread this mixture on both sides of the split bread.
- On the bottom half, sprinkle the chocolate bits, then top with the remaining bread and gently press.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter and place on a Panini press or a heavy skillet and watch until the chocolate melts,
- Remove from the press or skillet and brush again with the butter and sprinkle lightly with the sea salt. Serve at once.
Note: Be careful the chocolate will be very hot.