2 tsp sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 package of frozen puff pastry shells baked
10 fresh mint leaves chopped fine
2 tbsp coconut flavored rum
4 ounces of cream cheese softened
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint.
Method of Preparation:
- Grate the limes to get 2 tbsp of finely grated lime zest.
- Juice one lime reserving the remaining limes for future use.
- Add the sugar to the juice and lime zest and mint set aside.
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to package directions and set aside.
- Add the corn syrup to the lime mixture and using a pastry brush gently paint the edges of the cooked shells.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until stiff, add the soft cream cheese and beat in.
- Add the extra lime mixture and the rum to the cream.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, fill the pastry cups neatly.
- Sprinkle with a little mint zest.