Sunday Brunch: German Peach Pancake
1/2 stick of butter chopped into small pieces
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices
5 eggs separated
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
Method of preparation:
- Place the butter in a 13x9" casserole, add the peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Toss well and place in a 400 degree oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, flour, milk baking powder and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until almost stiff, sprinkle in the sugar and beat well.
- Fold this mixture into the yolk flour mixture and gently fold.
- Pour this onto the peach mixture, and spread. Place in the same 400 degree oven and bake for 12 min or until browned. Remove and let cool for a few min. Serve.