4 cups of shredded potatoes ( frozen work best) but thaw first.
1/3 cup melted butter
Seasoning salt or salt and pepper
1/2 cup or 1 small onion minced
1 cup finely chopped smoked ham
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 whole eggs beaten
1 cup milk
Method of preparation:
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a pie pan or shallow 9 inch baking dish, spray it well with vegetable spray then using your hands press the potatoes in the pie dish and press firmly to compact just like a pie crust.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and seasoning salt and bake in the oven for 15-18 min.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, ham and cheese and mix well then pour this into the baked potato shell.
- In the same bowl, beat the eggs and milk well. Pour this over the ham cheese mixture and bake for 20 min lowering the oven to 350 degrees until firm. Let cool for 10 min then serve.