1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
2 sticks of butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh ricotta
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon zest minced
1 cup blue berries
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, ricotta and sugar and beat until smooth, then add the eggs one at a time until blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder salt and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended.
- Fold in the berries then spoon it into a oiled loaf pan 9 inch x 5 inch and bake for 60 min or until a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center of the cake. Let cool a bit then unmold and dust with confectioners' sugar.