1 stick of softened butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. Grated lemon zest
4 tbsp. lemon juice
In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, lemon juice and the zest. Heat just until warm and set aside.
Method of preparation:
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Heavily spray an 8x8" baking dish of baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the salt, lemon juice lemon zest and the eggs.
- Beat well and add the flour until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan or dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 22-24 min.
- Remove from the oven and pour the warm lemon glaze on top and cool.
- Cut into either 8 or 12 pieces.