1 3/4 cups of flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. honey
1 1/4 cups of plain low fat yogurt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp. fresh grated lemon zest
For the Lemon Glaze:
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. water
Method of preparation:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar,eggs,honey, yogurt and butter together to make a smooth batter, add the lemon zest and pour this over the flour mixture and mix until a firm batter is reached.
- Take 12 muffin cups and place them in a muffin pan and spray them well with vegetable spray then divide the batter equally in the muffin cups.
- Place in a preheated 350 oven for 16-18 min. Until a toothpick when inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Remove and let sit.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan, bring the lemon juice, honey and water to a boil. Remove from the heat and using a pastry brush each muffin with the lemon syrup. Let cool and serve.