1 stick of butter softened
1 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1.2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups of oatmeal
1 cup of dried fruit chopped
Method of preparation:
- In a large bowl, add the butter and brown sugar and using a wire whisk whip together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the apple sauce, vanilla, eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oatmeal and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the dried fruit and blend well.
- Using a spoon drop approx. 2 tbsp lumps on a vegetable oil sprayed sheet pan and using a fork, gently press to flatten.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 min. Cool.