Sunday Brunch: Upside Down Banana Pancake
2 cups pf pancake batter (preferably Bisquick)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 stuck of butter
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
3 large ripe bananas sliced into 1/4" slices
1 9" or 10" nonstick or cast iron skillet
Method of Preparation:
- In a bowl, prepare the batter and add the baking powder and sugar. DO not whip the pancake mix too much as a few small lumps give a nice texture. Set aside.
- Preheat the skillet in a 350 degree oven and add the butter and let it melt. Carefully remove the skillet using oven mitts or a towel.
- Pour the maple syrup and cinnamon and vanilla and stir. Add the chopped walnuts
- Arrange the bananas on this mixture in a single layer neatly.
- Quickly pour the pancake batter over the bananas and spread to cover.
- Place in the middle rack in the oven and bake for approx.. 30 min or until the pancake is firm.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 5-6 min to set. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the pancake and place a slightly larger dish on to and flip over. If you want dust with powdered sugar.