Sunday Brunch: Yogurt Parfait with Rhubarb Compote
6 stalks of rhubarb peel off the red skin and cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
2 ounces lemon juice (usually from one lemon)
1 vanilla bean split
For the Parfait:
2 Cups whole milk Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 cups Granola
Method of Preparation:
- To make the compote, place the honey, water, vanilla and lemon in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the rhubarb and simmer for 15 min or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Remove the rhubarb to a dish and reduce the liquid in the pan by half.
- Remove the vanilla bean and place back in the cooked rhubarb and chill well.
- To assemble the parfait, Into 4 wine glasses add a little of the compote, then a little granola then a little of the yogurt and repeat ending with the granola. Serve at once.
After the vanilla bean is used there is still flavor in it. Just rinse it off, dry it and place the bean in a 5 pound bag of granulated sugar and in a few days the sugar will have a nice vanilla flavor.