Sweet and White Potato Mash
1 white baking potato, peeled and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 oz. (1/8 cup) unsalted butter
2 fl. oz. (1/4 cup) milk -
Tiny pinch of freshly ground black pepper
2 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the white and sweet potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water.
3. Bring to the boil then cook for around 20 minutes, uncovered, until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes, and then place them in a bowl and mash with the garlic, butter, black pepper and milk.
5. Place in a baking dish and top with the cheese.
6. Bake for around 30 minutes, until nice and brown.