8 tbsp. butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1 can, 1-pound size, sweet potatoes or whole yams
Whipped cream or a tart fruit sauce (optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the eggs, butter, and sugar together, using medium speed of an electric beater.
3. Add the cut-up sweet potatoes or yams slowly, continuing to mix on medium speed. Mix until all are combined, and the mixture is smooth.
4. Grate the lemon peeling so that no white part comes off of the outside skin.
5. Butter a 2 quart form. Pour the mixture into the form. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and place the form in a larger pan filled with water to one inch of the top of the form. Bake for 35- 40 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and water bath, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Remove cover; place a serving dish upside down on top of the container, and turn dish and container over together, so the pudding is inverted onto the serving dish.
8. Serve immediately with whipped cream or tart fruit sauce.