Three-alarm fire guts condo
WRENTHAM, Mass. —
A condominium in Wrentham was gutted by fire Sunday morning.
Fire Chief James McMorrow told NBC 10 the first call at Madison East on Clark Rd. came at around 12:30 a.m.
Chief McMorrow said it appeared the fire began in the basement of 115 Clark Road, and spread upwards into the home.
A 17 year old was home at the time of the fire, and was able to escape the fire unharmed.
McMorrow says that unit is gutted: the other adjoining units suffered minor damage.
There were no reports of injuries, but five people will need to find shelter.
The State Fire Marshal is helping determine a cause of the fire.