Bonkers with Bacon: Bacon grilled cheese
Yield: 4 servings
24 slices of thick cut bacon
8 slices of Texas Style Toast (double think bread, sliced)
8 slices of Fontina Cheese
8 slices of fresh Mozzarella
8 fresh Basil Leaves
Method of Preparation
1. Place three slices of the bacon on a sheet of plastic wrap place close together then place another sheet on top and using a rolling pin gently roll the bacon as to slightly widen it.
2. Do this twice for each sandwich, then top the bacon with a slice of the Texas Style Bread, then a slice of Fontina, a couple of fresh basil then the fresh mozzarella then the last piece of Fontina. Top this with the other slice of the bread.
3. Now fond over the bacon to enrobe from end to end then turn it around using the other three strips of bacon now side to side.
4. Gently press the bacon to seal them. In a non-skillet with the open ends place the sandwich’s in a medium hot skillet and watch them to the bacon seals in and is browned on the top and bottom.
5. When well browned place on paper towel to absorb any grease. Let set for 2-3 minutes because the cheese will be molting hot. Then serve.