Corn Week: Corn and Succotash Salad
Corn and Succotash Salad
Recipe by: Chef Frank Terranova, M.C.F.E., C.E.C.
Yield: 6-8 servings
8 ears of corn in husks
1 Vidalia onion, cut crosswise 1?2" thick
2 cups frozen shelled edamame
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup roughly chopped tarragon
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Method of Preparation:
1. Pull husks back from corn but don't remove; discard silks and replace husks. Soak in cold water 30 minutes; drain.
2. Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to medium-high. Grill corn, turning as needed, until husks are slightly charred and kernels are tender, five to ten minutes; let cool, discard husks and slice kernels off cobs into a large bowl.
3. Grill the onion, flipping once, until slightly charred and tender, three to five minutes. Roughly chop; add to the bowl with corn.
4. Boil edamame in a two quart saucepan of salted water until tender, two to three minutes.
5. Transfer edamame to a bowl of ice water until chilled. Drain and add to the bowl with corn along with oil, vinegar, tarragon, tomatoes, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.