Yield: 16 servings
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) package whole wheat phyllo dough
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, blend the spinach, feta, mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, and salt.
3. Arrange one sheet of phyllo dough on a clean work surface and brush with melted butter. Cover remaining phyllo dough with a damp towel. Place second sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter, then place a third sheet on top. Cut buttered phyllo lengthwise into four strips.
4. Place about one tablespoon of spinach mixture on bottom of each strip. Take bottom right corner and fold the dough over the filling to form a triangle. Fold the bottom left corner up to make another triangle. Continue folding until all the dough has been folded. Arrange stuffed triangles, seam-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush triangle with butter. Repeat process until ingredients have been utilized.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.