Glorious Garlic: Garlic Alfredo tortellini
Yield: 4 servings
1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk, or more, as needed
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Method of Preparation
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain well.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about one minute. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about one minute.
3. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed and season to taste. Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine.
5. Serve immediately and garnish with parsley.