Glorious Garlic: Honey garlic salmon
Yield: 2 servings
2 pieces salmon, about 1/3 pound each
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
Sesame seeds and finely sliced chives or scallions, for garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Take salmon out of the refrigerator for 20 minutes before cooking. Pat salmon skin dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic. Set aside.
3. Drizzle a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place salmon in pan, and cook the first side for three minutes. Turn, then cook the other side for 2 minutes, or until desired doneness.
4. Pour sauce over salmon. Cook for one minute or until it starts to thicken slightly. Check the side of the salmon to tell how cooked through the middle is. If sauce thickens too much before your salmon is cooked to your taste, add water, one tablespoon at a time.
5. Serve salmon drizzled with sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and chives or scallions, if desired.