Lemon tarragon risotto
Yield: 8 servings
5 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups arborio rice
1 cup zucchini, diced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock and white wine.
2. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, about five minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute. Add rice and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the granules are coated evenly. Toast the rice, stirring constantly, to avoid burning, about two minutes.
4. Add three-quarters of a cup of heated liquid to the rice and simmer, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid is absorbed. Repeat process until rice is tender, about 30 minutes. You may not use all the liquid, or may need extra, in which case more stock or water can be used.
5. Stir in zucchini, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper as needed and heat through. Serve immediately.