Shrimp Week: Moroccan shrimp
Yield: 4 servings
1 10-ounce box couscous
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion diced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 red bell pepper diced
3/4 cup golden raisins
1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes drained and roughly chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon parsley
1 lemon halved
Method of Preparation
1. Prepare the couscous according to the package directions; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and cook until onion is softened, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper and raisins and cook for four minutes more. Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and heat for three minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with cumin, cinnamon, parsley and remaining black pepper. Squeeze the lemon over the shrimp and toss.
5. Add the shrimp (not the liquid) to the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about three minutes.
6. Fluff the couscous with a fork, divide it among individual plates, and spoon the shrimp over the top. Serve warm over couscous.