Spring Ahead: Chicken Milanese
Yield: 4 servings
For the dressing
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese. grated
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the meat
4 4-oz chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 whole egg, beaten
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, toasted
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups baby arugula
Method of Preparation:
1. For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Set aside.
2. For the meat: With a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts on a flat surface between sheets of wax paper until about ¼-inch thick.
3. Dredge each chicken breast in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Lightly coat each breaded chicken on both sides with canola oil spray.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
5. Add chicken breasts and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
6. Toss arugula with dressing. Serve each chicken breast on top of one cup of arugula salad.