Spring Ahead: Lemon pepper shrimp scampi
Yield: 6 servings
1 cup cooked orzo, warm
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
6 teaspoons unsalted butter divided
1 1/2 pound bay shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Place orzo in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in parsley and salt; cover and keep warm.
3. In a sauce pan, heat half of the butter. Sauté shrimp just until cooked through, then remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the rest of the butter, add garlic cook 30 seconds and stir constantly.
5. Add shrimp back to the pan, lemon juice and pepper and cook for one minute
6. Toss shrimp and sauce with orzo.
Chef's note: You could also serve over angel hair pasta.