Sunday Brunch: Blueberries Romanoff
6 to 8 servings
1/4 Brown Sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
4 cups whole Blueberries
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
1. Combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup liqueur in a large bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the berries and gently toss. Set aside.
3. Beat the whipping cream until foamy; gradually add in the remaining sugar, then the remaining liqueur. Beat until soft peaks form.
4. Stir in the sour cream until blended.
6. Add the berries and gently stir
7. Divide among 6-8 wine glasses and top with blueberries. Serve at once.
COOKING NOTE: The Chantilly sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated up to a day in advance. Do not, however, make the berries ahead of time and they will be to macerate and turn mushy.
Copyright © 2013 by Brenda Camp, Ph.D. and Linda Camp, Ph.D.
Posted 21st January 2013 by Cooking with the Camp Twins
Labels: chantilly dessert fresh strawberries grand marnier romanoff strawberries romanoff strawberry