We're Getting Stuffed: Double stuffed potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
4 large baking potatoes
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream, plus extra for serving
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup salsa
Method of Preparation
• Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
• Scrub potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Bake for 60-75 minutes, until soft.
• Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in a nonstick pan until beef is cooked through. Break it into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
• Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water. Cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
• Once potatoes are baked, let cool 10-15 minutes, then remove a sliver of skin from the top of each potato. Scoop potato pulp out and place in a large bowl. Add sour cream and milk and mash until smooth. Stir in about ¾ of meat taco mixture. The remaining meat may be mixed in or reserved for future use.
• Fold in 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
• Taste for seasoning. Taco seasoning tends to be salty.
• Stuff the potato mixture back into the skins. Place in a baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Chef’s Note: The remaining 1/4 of meat may be saved and used for quesadilla or tortilla pizza