We're Getting Stuffed: Spinach-stuffed chicken breasts
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach cooked and chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 slices bacon
Pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, pepper and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
• Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
• Bake in the preheated oven for one hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees.
• Remove from oven and serve.