MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

NBC10 I-Team: Little Compton venue forced to cancel all upcoming weddings

A judge has shut down a Little Compton wedding venue, leaving dozens of brides and grooms in the lurch.

A judge has shut down a Little Compton wedding venue, leaving dozens of brides and grooms in the lurch.

The town of Little Compton, along with an organization called Preserve Little Compton, took Stone House to court after residents complained noisy nuptials were a nuisance.

Last week, a judge ordered Stone House cancel all weddings, receptions and events for the foreseeable future.

Attorney for Stone House, Kevin Vendituoli, tells NBC10 the order was immediate – meaning Stone House was forced to cancel a wedding that was scheduled for Saturday.

Vendituoli says Stone House has received pushback from town residents over noise complaints for quite a while, but this court order is actually the result of a parking lot zoning technicality.

He says, until Stone House obtains zoning relief for their leased parking lot – no more weddings.

Sixteen couples are impacted by this court order. Stone House is working with each couple individually to find replacement venues.

The first couple impacted held their Saturday nuptials at Carolyn's Sakkonet Vineyard instead – meaning, despite the change in venue, their wedding still made noise in Little Compton.

While Stone House can still operate as an inn, they can only use a tiny on-site parking lot. Vendituoli says the order effectively wipes out most of their business.

Right now, there's no estimate on when Stone House might be granted zoning relief and welcome back wedding guests.

Trending