MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

RI Hospital served potentially contaminated broccoli at salad bar

Rhode Island Hospital on Friday said they recently served potentially contaminated broccoli in the salad bar. (WJAR)

Rhode Island Hospital on Friday said they recently served potentially contaminated broccoli in the salad bar.

Hospital officials said the uncooked vegetable was served Wednesday and Thursday, also noting that they removed the broccoli as soon as the distributor announced a recall.

Mann Packing recalled the broccoli due to a potential Listeria contamination, which can cause food poisoning, as well as other health issues, including fever, diarrhea, headache and neck stiffness.

“To date, public health officials have not reported any illnesses associated with these vegetables,” according to a press release.

Anyone who ate the food should monitor how they feel, while pregnant women should contact their doctor immediately.

Click here to learn more.

Trending