Probe finds no evidence Tom Brady suffered concussion during 2016-2017 season
Despite claims made by his supermodel wife, there is no evidence that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady suffered a concussion during the 2016-2017 season.
In a statement released on Wednesday, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the National Football League, along with the Players Association, “conducted comprehensive evaluations of the Concussion Protocol as it applied” to the 40-year-old football star.
“This review included an examination of all game film from every Patriots’ game last season, every report from the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultants and Booth AT Spotters assigned to those games and Mr. Brady’s medical records, which were produced pursuant to a release signed by Mr. Brady,” McCarthy noted. “This review identified no evidence of any deviation from the Protocol by the Patriots’ medical staff or the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultants assigned to Patriots’ games or any indication that Mr. Brady sustained a concussion or reported signs or symptoms consistent with having sustained a concussion.”
Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, was at the center of a bit of controversy after what she told "CBS This Morning" in May. She claimed that Brady, a five-time Super Bowl champion, suffered multiple concussions in his career, including at least one during last season.
"I don't want to get into things that happened in my past, certain medical history and so forth,” Brady previously said.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)