Boston Red Sox increase ticket prices for certain seating areas
A visit to see a baseball game at Fenway Park just got a little pricier.
The Boston Red Sox on Wednesday announced that ticket prices for the 2018 season will go up an average of 2.5 percent.
A press release noted the following changes:
Prices will rise between $1 and $5 in these sections:
- Field Box (Sections 17-70)
- Loge Box (Sections 103-155)
- Bud Deck Barstools, Grandstand (Sections 13-27)
- Outfield Grandstand
- Right Field Box
- Right Field Roof Box and Terrace
- Upper Bleachers
The release went on to note that prices in other areas won’t change including the following:
- Field Box (Sections 9-16 & 71-82)
- Loge Box (Sections 98-102 & 156-165)
- Budweiser Right Field Roof Deck
- Pavilion Box
- Pavilion Reserved
- Grandstand (Sections 11-12 & 28-31)
- All Standing Room areas
“The Red Sox will continue to offer special reduced pricing for students, clergy, veterans, and active duty members of the military,” according to the release. “Tickets for high school and college students will again be available for $9, and the Kid Nation Program, a free program for those 14 and under, will continue to include a Red Sox ticket at no charge in 2018.”
The release also noted that the club has held ticket prices in four of the past 10 seasons, with the average annual increase since 2009 as 1.7 percent each year.