Donate food items to 10 Cares Thanksgiving
You can help by donating nonperishable food items at participating Shaw's supermarkets in Southern New England. Look for marked shopping carts inside Shaw's stores in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts through Nov. 20.
Requested items for each basket include instant potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, pie filling, pie crust mix, canned corn, peas and other canned vegetables, soup, biscuit mix, cake, muffin, brownie and bread mixes, pumpkin pie filling, rice, and pasta and spaghetti sauce.
Shaw's will provide 3,000 $10 gift cards to be used for turkeys or other groceries. The Salvation Army will sort and distribute the food to families.
The NBC 10 Cares "Season of Giving" Telethon will take place 4:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Monetary donations can also be made by credit card, or text FEEDRI to 41444.
The Salvation Army's Rhode Island office can be reached at 401-490-0240.
Participating Shaw's locations in Rhode Island:
- 186 County Road, Barrington
- 8 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston
- 585 Taunton Ave., East Providence
- 1050 Willet Ave., East Providence
- 71 East Main Road, Middletown
- 15 Smithfield Road, North Providence
- 160 Old Tower Hill Road, Wakefield
- 320 Warwick Ave., Warwick
Participating Shaw's locations in Massachusetts:
- 15 State Road, Dartmouth
- 4171 North Main St., Fall River
- 390 West St., Mansfield
- 125 Robert Toner Blvd., North Attleborough
- 300 New State Highway, Raynham