Baking During Holiday Break: Chocolate cherry and almond clusters
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (10 ounces)
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast almonds until golden brown, for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cool combine almonds with cherries. Set aside.
3. Place 2/3 cup chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a double boiler. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, stirring until melted.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of chocolate onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Place almonds and cherries on chocolate spots mixture and gently fold until almonds and cherries are almost coated.
6. Let set in a cool, dry place for at least an hour.