Baking During Holiday Break: Raspberry flavored gumdrops
Yield: 2-3 dozen
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pectin
2 cups raspberry puree-no, sugar added
4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Method of Preparation
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan
2. Combine one cup of sugar with the pectin; set aside
3. In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, boil raspberry puree.
4. Once puree has come to a boil whisk in the sugar and pectin mixture.
5. Bring back to a boil while whisking constantly, then add in the two cups of sugar and bring back to a boil. Continue to whisk for 3-5 minutes.
6. When time is up remove from heat and add in lemon juice.