Bonkers with Bacon: Bacon pizza
Yield: 4 servings
12-14 slices thick cut bacon
1 cup marinara sauce, enough to cover pizza
fresh basil chopped using a chiffonade cut
1/2 pound sliced pepperoni
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 pound fresh mozzarella chopped
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Weave bacon into a lattice and place on a rack in a baking sheet.
3. Bake bacon lattice in oven for 20-25 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on oven. You want to bake long enough to cook slightly crisp but not all the way through.
4. Remove and let cool slightly.
5. Add sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, basil, and anything else you like on pizza.
6. Place back in oven and broil for an additional five minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
7. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.