Easy Dinners: Miso-maple pork chops with polenta
Yield: 4 servings
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons white miso paste
1 16-ounce package pork chops, (4 chops)
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup polenta
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 10-ounce bag fresh green beans
Method of Preparation
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and miso paste. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag with the pork chops and toss to coat.
2. In a medium pot, bring chicken broth to a boil over high heat and stir in the polenta. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and Parmesan cheese.
3. Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Sauté the green beans until tender, about five minutes. Cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Heat the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and remove the pork from marinade. Cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
5. Divide the polenta among four plates and top with pork. Serve with green beans.