Easy Dinners: Tuna poke
Yield: 4 servings
1 (8.8 ounces) package basmati rice
12 ounces tuna
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cucumber, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 green onions
2 ripe avocados
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Method of Preparation
1. Prepare the rice according to package directions.
2. Slice the tuna into half-inch cubes.
3. Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl and stir in the tuna. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, cut long ribbons from the cucumber and carrots. Place ribbons into a large bowl and drizzle with the rice vinegar.
5. Thinly slice the green onions.
6. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and cut into slices.
7. Divide rice among four bowls. Add the cucumber ribbons, carrot ribbons, diced tuna, green onions, and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.