Fueling Your Fitness: Seared salmon over cauliflower tabbouleh
Yield: 4 servings
3 cups riced cauliflower
3/4 cup Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
3/4 cup English cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
1/3 cup scallions, finely chopped
1/3 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil, for searing
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the cauliflower "tabbouleh," place the riced cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, scal-lions, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve with cooked salmon.
3. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large cast iron skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear until skin is crispy and can easily be released from the pan. Flip over, cover with lid, and cook until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, or desired doneness.
5. Serve with the cauliflower "tabbouleh."